Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Snowflakes - an idea from Petrina

 
I have to say I don't have a lot of call for embellishments relating to snow, ice or anything particularly wintery living in Queensland. Perhaps its also a little strange thinking about winter now that the warmer weather is finally here. Nevertheless I created this layout with my own version of snowflakes in the form of several different bronze charms and some doily stamps. The classic navy blue and white patterned ribbon fits the theme also, as does the super cute small blue pom pom trim.
I started by using Versamark ink to create the stamped pattern along the bottom of the layout. Any floral stamp would look good, for example this one from Fontwerks, or this Technique Tuesday one, or even this one from Prima. They look just like the charms!

Securing the charms was easy. After arranging them, I used a glue dot to hold each one in place while I stitched it on with a contrasting embroidery thread. Voila! My version of a snowflake ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment