Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tissue paper - Day 2

For this layout I really wanted the photos to stand out so I created a background that used minimal colour but still retained a boyish grunge. The 7 Gypsies tissue paper - numero is very similar in colour to Kraft cardstock so I scribbled some PVA glue across it and adhered pieces of tissue. Once it dried I tore around the edges and applied a few random stampings of the  Tim Holtz stamp - Games using the Tim Holtz distress ink pad - peeled paint. I really think he should have named this colour "grass stain" because that is just what it looks like to me!
Other embellishments used are:
Tape meaure ribbon - inches vertical twill
Jute twine
Sequins - black stars
and of course my trusty sewing machine, stapler, and a piece of corrugated cardboard.


You may notice also (especially if you click on that top image to make it larger) that I have used a few leftover pieces of the mixed media sticky tape that I created from the tissue paper way back when I did this tutorial. They are in the top left of two of the photos on my layout.


Don't forget that most of the tutorials that we create for you on the Craft Queen blog have been labeled so if you scroll down the blog to below the "Followers" section on the right hand side you can see a list of the many labels. Just click on "tutorials" or anything else that takes your fancy and even more inspiration can be found.

2 comments:

  1. This is fab Petrina! Gorgeous photos.
    I agree the Peeled Paint should be named Grass stain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun little boy layout Petrina, the paper and twine and whole look of the layout is so masculine. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete