Monday, October 10, 2011

Tissue Paper - Day 1

Hi Everyone,


I have a simple yet very effective technique for making your own Tissue Paper flowers.... I've used Collections Tissue Paper to create a heap for this layout.





Made in just 3 easy steps:

Step 1 - Cut off a strip of the tissue paper, for the larger flowers I've cut off 1 inch; the smaller ones are 1/2 inch or less.


Step 2 - Gather the strip up - scrunching as you go along one side. Naturally it will want to form a circle.


Step 3 - Wrap the strip around onto itself and add a centre. For some I've used new Prima and others I've used My Minds Eye brads


Below is a picture of the 3 steps...

I've also used on this layout....
Satin Seam Binding
Butterfly Ribbon - black
Black Elastic frill ribbon
Kaiser Clear Stamp


AND once you have the knack, you can take this a step further by adding paint or glimmer mist, kindy glitz etc.... oh soo many options!!


Gwen

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful...thanks for sharing!
    I have some of that tissue paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty Gwen, love how good those tissue flowers look, they turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete