Monday, January 02, 2012

Happy New Year from Petrina

What better way to start the new year than to scrap with some old favourites! I've used one of my favourite photos and some old and new Craft Queen products for this layout.
A new product I have used is the Crafter's Workshop Mini template:

The Crafter's Workshop 6'' template - mini houndstooth
It's like a little plastic stencil, 6"x6" in size, and you use it for spraying glimmer mist, or as I have done in this case, inking and and bit of 'splodging'.  I've 'splodged' (my own technical term!) through the template onto the corners of my layout using some Time Holt Distress Stain (walnut stain) which comes in a dabber...hence a little bit of messi-ness. (More information about these awesome stains is on the Craft Queen website - just click on the link to find out. They really do allow you to be quite creative.)

I've also dabbed some aqua coloured chalk ink through the stencil in a few places to add some dimension to my layout.

The die cut frames are from the Crate Paper Restoration 12" Collection Kit, and I've used some very old rub-ons as well. Nothing like using a bit of old and new!!

Last of all I have used some of my favourite Craft Queen products:


I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year and all the best for 2012 - may your layouts, cards, sewing and craft projects being filled with much happiness!









1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layout Petrina, love love the photo, the gorgeous embellishments, the wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete