Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The washi tape experience

Hello there ladies, Liz here sharing some cards I have made using washi tape.  I must confess I have fought the washi tape craze that has hit Australia.  Don't get me wrong, it's very pretty, very versatile and I love the amazing range of patterns and colours available.

The ideas for using it are endless and only limited to your imagination.

This is only the third time I've used it on my cards and I am sure I will be using it again thanks to the wonderful range in the Craft Queen store.

Let me know what you think of washi tape, have you got bitten by the washi tape bug or are you watching what others are doing with it first?

Here are my cards - I was only going to create 1 but as you can see maybe I have been bitten by the washi tape bug!



On this card I have used the washi tape as a background strip for the sentiment and as the centre circle for the persian accents spellbinder die cut. 

Products Used

SRM Stickers - Fancy Sentiments - Birthday
Glitz Cashmere Dame 6" x 6" paper pad
Spellbinder - persian accents, classic circle




On this card I have covered half a piece of cardstock (approx 4" x 4") with washi tape, then cut out the labels 16 spellbinder die

Products Used:

Spellbinders - label 16




On this card I have covered a square piece of cardstock (2 1/4" x 2 1/4") and then used a corner punch to round the corners.

Products Used:

grosgrain ribbon



On this card I have used 2 strips of each pattern to make a thicker strip layer.

Products Used:




Make sure to check out the amazing range of washi tape in the Craft Queen store.






5 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Liz. I love washi tape and use it a lot, though my cards are not as creative as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:48 PM

    Wow that's some great ideas Liz for washi tape, i have quite a stash of it but haven't used any yet but i think you've given me the inspiration to have a go. Thanks

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly have been bitten Liz I love the stuff!! and you have done a beautiful job with it on these cards, here's hoping I'm on your Chrissy card list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Liz these look great with the gorgeous little touches of washi!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments ladies, have fun with your washi tape!

    ReplyDelete