Friday, December 21, 2012

Summer holiday scrap time!

It's been a while.......
Hello Craft Queen blog readers. (A long overdue update from Petrina)
It's been a busy year for me at work and now that the holidays are here I'm keen to get into some scrapping to keep my creative brain busy with anything but school work. I sometimes find it hard to get back into it so I've started with some super-easy layouts that require not a lot more than a single photo and a few embellishments. If you've got a bit of spare time with public holidays and time away from work over summer then you might like to do a few quick layouts as well.

For each of these layouts I am using Instagram photos I've taken throughout the year (yes, doing the 366!). I had a lot printed a few months back for a little exhibition and they have been blu-tacked to the wall at home ever since. It's easy to just walk up the hallway and grab one to scrap!
Hence, the layouts all share similar elements. I've got a box of embellishments, ribbons, inks, templates,etc. that I am keeping just for these layouts so they have a unified look which I'm hoping will look good if I ever make a whole album (very high expectations!!).

A few old favourites I've used on this one: Baker's Twine and  a Wooden Flower Button.


 I couldn't go past the Black and White Star Ribbon for my selfy with my little soccer star. Everything on this layout was attached with either a glue stick or the sewing machine - quicker than fiddling with double-sided tape.
 I had fun with the background on this layout, using my favourite doily stamp (similar to this one) with the Tim Holtz distress ink pad (Barn Door) and the Harlequin template from Crafter's Workshop and some Turquoise Blue Glimmer mist. My new op shop typewriter has also been getting a workout for some of my journaling. I decided to scrap in the A4 format for these photos (square on square didn't look so good) and the added bonus is that it fits in the typewriter!

 Super simplicity with this layout....the 1.8cm Coffee coloured lace and Dark Beige narrow ric rac matched nicely with the Kraft cardstock I used across the centre to create texture.
 Finally, my favourite of these layouts created so far. I'm a tragic foodie Instagram uploader and my feed is full of my kitchen creations.....I thought it would be good to write down the ingredients along with the photo. I can remember the method but I always need to look up the ingredients.
I couldn't resist the little wooden heart button for my favourite scone recipe.
I hope everyone gets a chance to do some scrapping over the holidays. Merry Christmas everyone!
Petrina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment