Monday, February 11, 2013

Rainbow layout

Hi - Gwen here again today and I'm still running with  my Rainbow theme.

This time a layout also inspired by the beautiful quilts you see at the Craft Shows - Did you know that Craft Queen tours many of these around Australia?  It's a perfect chance to meet the girls, do a class and see all the beautiful ribbon and embellishments in the flesh, I do warn you though, it makes it even harder to choose!!



For this project I have selected out a heap of scraps and punched square 1 1/2 inch - then arranged on my page.. I have then covered them with some Shimmerz paint and allowed some of the edges to come up a bit for texture.  I found it looks best if you graduate the colour on the diagonal but it does work vertically and horizontally too - just keep switching things around until you are happy and then stick it down.  I have added some organza ribbon, some flowers and a Prima journalling note card to my layers.


I've then just added a Chipboard title and it's complete.

Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment