Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Using distress inks to create backgrounds


I created the card on the left for an upcoming card kit and had so much fun I had a play with another version. For the left card I used peeled paint distress ink instead of the barn door. The yellow and orange inks were the same. The stamp for the bull rushes can be found here.


Materials: dandelion stamp, Darkroom Door happy birthday stamp set, netting embossing folder,distress inks - barn door, spiced marmalade, mustard seedblending tool, mini mister


I started with the darker colour and rubbed the foam pad in the ink, then rubbed over the image in a circular motion. I then added the paler two colours, blending them as I went. I sprayed a little water using a mini mister over the completed image!




This tool comes with 4 white pads which have velcro on them to enable them to be moved easily on and off the handle. The pads are designed to store under each colour ink pad so you can buy additional foam pads so you use the same colour exclusivley for each different colour ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment